Wednesday, December 5, 2007

3 Messi, No Ci Credo!

Here's the sitch:

Benn here for 3 months, and still in disbelief. I love it here and cannot believe I have to leave in 16 days!! I may just stay here and bring the people I love to Italy. I think this is a good plan, but is no longer do-able.

Here's the story that I am tired of telling and still upset about:
Yesterday I found out that someone hacked my card and has been buying stuff online with my money. After a small, ok let's not lie, a big freak out, several phone calls to the states, and lots of Italian bank conversations it's done. The card is dead, so that jerk can't get anymore, will contest charges when I'm back in the states. Had my own odyssey trying to run arround Florence speaking with people in banks, IN ITALIAN, trying to explain the sitch and get help with getting as much money as possible in cash. Thanks to my awsome Italian and Ameer we made it. And by made it I mean I got a bit of euro out of an atm and will just deal and borrow if I need to. It's a really shitty thing to have to deal with on top of end of the semester work and trying to enjoy myself.

This week I have been going mad with writing paper and italian oral presentations. It's almost over and I'm in good shape. Just finished my Italian deal about the history of Italian soccer and camanilismo. It went ok, I'm just glad it's over. And I will have all that info stuck in my head for a long time. I've begun writing final papers and will continue doing so and studying for exams soon.

But I can see the light at the end of the finals tunnel. It will be over soon and will all be worth it. Part of me doesn't want it to be over and would like to stay longer. But I know I will come back and as of now I'm really missing my family and friends. I'll be seeing you all sooner than I can believe.

That's all for now. Have a class to run to. Alla prossima.

No comments: