Thursday, September 6, 2007

Ho Arrivato!

Ok, so I know it's been a while, but I finally got wireless internet at the school and this is the first time I have been able to sit down and chill. Here goes....

I arrived in Florence on Tuesday, the 4th and then proceeded to get sick and be jet-lagged at the same time, in a country that doesn't speak english. I lie. It's actually really easy to just speak english, but I am doing my best not to. I am working on getting my italian back to where it was in may, slowly and surely. I just found out that I am living with an elderly widow names Franca, who lives alone, about a 20 minute walk from the university. I do not yet know if I have a roomate, but should know by the time I meet her this evening. So far, we've just been filling out paperwork and not really doing much. Lots of english, I'm sorry I can't fill out legal documents in Italian, yet. I stress yet! I'm going to fight it out and register for classes tomarrow. Until then, it's going to be a lot of sitting arround the plush Villa Rossa and trying to adjust to life here. I have no real ideas formed yet and am looking forward to seeing more of the city. More info and pictures to come (on facebook) when I charge up my battery.

Ciao.

No comments: